Saturday, August 15, 2009

YEEAAAHHH!!!

I know I'm about a day late with posting this but...MIKE VICK IS BACK!!!! The former NFL superstar was signed late yesterday by the Philadelphia Eagles to a 2-year deal. I'm glad to know that someone has given the man a second chance because it was well deserved; he has had everything stripped from him including his pride and his fortune. From a football standpoint, the deal doesn't make a lot of sense because the Eagles have a multi-dimensional QB in Donovan McNabb and have plenty of offensive weapons. This deal is much deeper than that though; Vick needs a place to jumpstart his return and I think under McNabb is a great fit. I hate to make this a race thing but I'm glad to see McNabb as a black man step up and accept Vick as teammate despite everything he's been through these past 2 years. I just hope I'll get to see the old Vick someday sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment