Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"The Chosen One"

I'm not a baseball fan by any standards but I had to share this: Bryce Harper is the next great thing in the sport. Today while I was watching E:60, I learned a lot about Harper; he's a 16 year old phenom and is being compared to LeBron James. At only 16, Bryce is 6'3 and 205 pounds of muscle. E:60 showed footage of him hitting a 574 ft. homerun during one of his games...crazy! I'm not sure what the average distance of a homer is but I know that's ridiculous.
A lot of controversy is also surrounding Harper because of his decision to drop out of high school to just focus on baseball. Usually i would think that's a bad idea but if you're this good then just go for it. i hope this kid makes it because I look forward to seeing him in the MLB soon. He's trying to be drafting by the age of 17. Scouts have him projected as the number 1 overall pick in whatever draft he enters. i can't wait to see how this turns out. Hopefully he doesn't flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment