Monday, August 24, 2009

Premature Crowning?

The college football season is only a couple weeks away and the Tim Tebow praise is never-ending. ESPN has been flooded with talk of Tebow possibly being the best college football player of all time and he is everything but God, etc., etc. Don't get me wrong, I do believe Tebow is a great player but I'm not too sure that his game will translate to the NFL too well. There are plenty of people divided on this issue; some say he should go number 1 in the 2010 draft and some, such as draft expert Mel Kiper Jr say that Tebow won't even go in the 1st round. I think that I'm more on Kiper's side. To me, Tebow seems like a QB who will struggle to find success in the NFL...like a Alex Smith who also played in Urban Meyer's system. Only time will tell but I think that media is building Tebow up too high and will eventually cause his downfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment