Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Season Opener!!!!

Tonight is the tip off for the 2009-2010 NBA season! Just as I am every season, I'm very excited for a number of reasons. First, is the new faces in new places. I want to see how all of the off season acquisitions will affect each team, for better and for worse. My favorite moves of the off season are Artest to the Lakers, Jefferson to the Spurs and Turkoglu to the Raptors. With Artest, L.A is clearly favored to repeat as champs, with Jefferson the Spurs are back to being potential Western Conference champs and with Turkoglu I see the Raptors back in the playoffs. I also believe the NBA is back in terms of every team being competitive on a nightly basis. Even teams at the bottom of the food chain have talent that will give them a chance to compete. My two sleeper teams of the season are Washington in the East and Oklahoma City in the West. With Gilbert Arenas hopefully healed from injury, Washington has a very deep and young squad that can get them back to being a top 5 team in the East. Additions of Randy Foye and Mike Miller give the Wiz security blankets in case of Arenas getting hurt again. The Thunder also look to have one of the most talented young teams in the entire league. Rookie James Harden gives them a legit 2 guard with Durant, a top 5 scorer in the league, Russell Westbrook, a hugely underrated young guard and Jeff Green, a solid swingman that gives 100% every night. I will be tuned in to every game possible this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment